This morning, our early morning commute started with Usher's "U Make Me Wanna" which made me think how I miss that song. I wondered what station were we listening to. Next song was "I'll Be Missing You" by the artist formerly known as Puff Daddy. And when Whitney Houston's Step by Step played next, my sleepiness wore off because, "Hey, I know this song sequence!"
We were listening to MTV Soul'd Out!
Photo grabbed from missyosigirl.wordpress.com
MTV Soul'd Out, released some time in 1998 is one of the best cassette albums I've ever had. I remember listening to it over and over back in high school, and when I went to college, I bonded with some classmates who liked the compilation as well.
When cassettes were phased out, I tried buying CD versions of some of the cassettes that I have - those I liked very much. I've had luck on Ebay, buying from sellers both here and in the US, UK and Australia (I especially love this find - also a big favorite). I found some in tiangges at MRT Shaw.
MTV Soul'd Out is one album I cannot find anywhere. Not in the online selling sites, not even in file sharing sites (BUY ORIGINAL, everyone! LOL).
Anyway, my plan now is to get the songs one by one until I rebuild this compilation.
Here's the complete track list:
- Usher - You Make Me Wanna... (Extended Version) (05:22)
- Puff Daddy & The Family (feat Faith Evans & 112) - I'll Be Missing You (04:06)
- Whitney Houston - Step By Step (04:14)
- Tlc - Waterfalls (04:42)
- Sam Salter - There You Are (04:20)
- The Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows (05:09)
- Swv - Right Here (Human Nature Remix) (03:49)
- Next - Too Close (04:09)
- Sylk-E.Fyne (feat Chill) - Romeo And Juliet (04:38)
- Mase - Feel So Good (03:27)
- The Notorious B.I.G. (feat Puff Daddy & Mase) - Mo Money Mo Problems (04:20)
- Monica - Don't Take It Personal (04:20)
- Aretha Franklin - A Rose Is Still A Rose (04:29)
- Lisa Stansfield - Never, Never Gonna Give You Up (04:05)
- Faith Evans (Duet With Mary J. Blige) - Love Don't Live Here Anymore (04:20)
- Az Yet - Hard To Say I'm Sorry (03:18)
- Toni Braxton (with Kenny G) - How Could An Angel Break My Heart (04:19)